“Celt eclectic” songwriter Deborah Gabinet was inspired by her ‘muse’ the Atlantic Ocean to live and compose music on the east coast of Canada. Her newly released ‘sea-D’ Real and Alive-O! features Deborah’s diverse musical abilities on vocals, piano and piano accordion through the colorful threads of a style she calls “Celt eclectic”- a fusion of classical, celtic and contemporary genres.
The album was recorded at Studio FMP with producer/engineer Scott Ferguson and features guitarist Bruce Timmins, bassist John Chiasson, and percussionist/drummer Scott Ferguson. Deborah’s rich mezzo voice, her beautiful lyrics and celtic arrangements create sensitive ‘ocean-inspired’ musical paintings of the fishermen, boats, blizzards and beaches of the east coast.
- New Years Eve at the Press Gang, Halifax 2010
- Minstrels Gastropub Halifax 2010
- Trellis Cafe, Hubbards (6 shows from 2010-2013)
- Opening for Mae Moore at ‘Lift the Winds’ house concert series, Boutilier’s Point 2011
- Real and Alive-O cd-release shows summer of 2013 in Nova Scotia and BC.
(Including Stayners’ Wharf, Halifax, Trellis Cafe, Hubbards and her favorite house concert at Larinda’s Landing, Boutilier’s Point where she performed her songs by the ocean)
CoveFM, Seaside FM, CKDU, CBC (Stan Carew)
Quotes and Reviews
“I consider myself fortunate to have the opportunity to share in the creation of Deborah Gabinet’s recordings. Her deep sense of emotional intention and her gift in translating that intention to the listener is as refreshing as her enthusiasm and devotion to her craft.”
- Scott D. Ferguson, Owner-Producer Ferguson Music Productions
Deborah’s music has been a staple on my show ever since I first heard it. Her voice is like that of an angel! I love the ocean myself and hearing Deborah’s music and lyrics about this beautiful part of Nova Scotia is like listening to the surf on the beach.”
- Kevin McGrath, Host of ‘At home in the Maritimes’ Cove FM
- Digital piano, vocal mic, speakers, monitor, accordion mic, mixer
902 802 9245